How to Dress Like Bella Swan
Do you love Bella? If so, this article will explain how you can dress and look like your idol!
Dress like Bella. Don't be overly fancy. Bella almost always wears long sleeves because she lives in Washington. If you live in a hot area like California, Texas, etc., dress comfortably for you. Wear short sleeves that blend in with a crowd, so you aren't the center of attention. Bella is not known to get dressed up everyday(remember, Bella only has one skirt). She is, however, known for wearing comfortable, practical clothing. She mostly wears dark colors such as black, navy, dark green, grey, brown, and sometimes white. Navy blue would be a good pick because blue is Bella's favourite colour and Edward mentions several times that Bella looks very pretty in blue.
Consider her outfits in the books. In the books, Bella wears the following items:
- white eyelet lace shirt
- plain black jacket
- navy jacket
- beige turtleneck sweater
- khaki skirt
- And then, of course, her infamous prom outfit: a frilly blue off the shoulder dress (with french tags that Alice put her in), flowers from Edward in her hair and 1 stiletto held on by satin ribbons and a cast with walking boot on the other foot.
Remember her outfits from the movies:
- dark, long-sleeved tee shirts
- black-and-white Keds
- green dress
Think of Bella's overall style. Her look would probably be classified as preppy and tomboyish. She wear stripes, she loves plaid, she wear her hair loosely curled, and she wears skinny jeans. She often dresses in a tomboyish style, but she does occasionally wear pretty, girly dresses. Bella likes comfortable shoes and didn't enjoy it when Alice made her wear stilettos to prom.
Dye your hair dark brown(chocolate color) if you want, but you if you don't feel comfortable with it, then don't do it. You don't have to be an exact duplicate unless you want to. If you have black hair, that will work fine as well.
Style your hair like Bella's. Bella is very natural. She just brushes her hair and she's done, except for on special occasions. There's three ways you can be like Bella Swan in this category; a middle part or sideswept bangs is best for all three looks.
- Keep it natural. Just brush through it and you're done.
- Wear your hair in loose waves like she does in the movie. There are all sorts of ways to do this. You can put your hair in buns after you shower, curl your hair with a pencil, and then run your fingers through it. You can also use a large barreled curling iron. Choose whichever one works best for your hair. Also, you can put a headband in it like she does in the movie, or simply put in hair clips.
- Straighten your hair. Stephenie Meyer actually pictures Bella with straight hair(mentioned on her website), But whatever looks best and what you want with your hair is what you should do with it.
Also in the movies, she wears a lot of thin headbands.
Do your makeup like Bella's. In the book, Bella doesn't wear makeup. In the movie, she wears very natural makeup like foundation, brown eyeshadow on the lids, and pink lipstick. You can choose which you want to do. If you like the look in the movie, check out this and similar YouTube videos.
Get brown contacts if your eyes aren't brown or at least dark.
Keep your skin it's natural color. Bella doesn't worry about becoming more tan. If you have the potential to have pale skin wear lots of sunscreen when outside, it will keep you pale and keep your skin healthy. If you like your skin colour, you don't have to.
Bella goes for plain clothes that are dark colours, she doesn't wear frilly dresses her style is boy-ish but with little pieces of jewelry she makes it look more feminine.
- Don't act popular, Bella hates the attention!
- Be nice
- Don't draw attention to yourself.
- Don't over dress
- Help others help around the house
- Be yourself