How to Dress Like Edmund in Dawn Treader
In Dawn Treader, Edmund has to rise up to the challenge of being the higher king and along with that he has to protect his cousin Eustace and his little sister Lucy here are his outfits in Dawn Treader. Here are some suggestions for developing his outfits.
Put together Edmund's English Clothes. This is probably the first outfit Edmund wears in the film, in England trying to enlist.
- He wears a heavy brown double-breasted overcoat with top-stitched, notched lapels. There are buttoned tabs at the wrist (no cuffs), and one across the back waist. He has two flap pockets, one on each side, and at least one vertical welt pocket, possibly, a little higher than his left flap pocket, The coat has four rows of top-stitching at the hem.
- He wears a brown/tan knit scarf and a brown flat cap. His white or pale blue cotton Oxford shirt has two box pleat flap pockets.
- His trousers are dark—they look black in Eustace's room, but brown with the overcoat.
Develop a blue shirt outfit. It looks like Edmund wears this outfit early on—it's probably his first costume change. However, he also wears pieces of it at different times throughout the film. In the trailer, Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy look like they're exploring the Dawn Treader, and Edmund is wearing the full outfit: shirt, waistcoat, and coat, In a boat approaching Narrowhaven, he wears just the trousers, shirt and waistcoat.
- Practicing sword fighting with Caspian and rowing the boat to the Utter East, he wears just the shirt, trousers, and belt. The shirt is pale blue, probably a plain weave cotton. The shirt is gathered into the collar at the back. It closes with two or three buttons and loops up the front.
- The full sleeves are box-pleated into the dropped shoulder seams, the pleats embellished near the armscye with two or three rows of a zig-zag embroidery stitch. The collar, neck opening and wide cuffs are finished with a blanket stitch in a dark blue thread. He wears tan trousers apparently identical to Caspian's and a wide tooled leather belt.
- He wears his sleeveless waistcoat in the aforementioned images, but also. It's only waist-length, tucked under the belt,The color is hard to describe. It looks like a jacquard weave with faded colors of tan, gray-blue and red, with some sloping shaping seams in the back, and sleeve caps.
Assemble Edmund's Coriakin's Island Outfit. Edmund wears his blue shirt, and his molded leather cuirass—breastplate and backplate each made up of about four leather lames (separate armor pieces that are riveted together for greater flexibility).
- The cuirass hangs a short distance below the belt, flaring slightly. It's almost identical to the crew-issued cuirass, except the embellishments and studs are gold rather than silver.
Develop Edmund's Armor. Edmund wears this outfit when the ship strays into the night of Dark Island, and at other times, it appears, from the set images, Ed's loose shirt is off-white, lighter than Caspian's, with full gathered sleeves, front placket, and collar.
- His trousers are brown, with a reddish tint in at least one shot,The armor consists of a leather gorget at his neck, and over that a molded leather cuirass—breastplate and backplate each made up of about four leather lames (separate armor pieces that are riveted together for greater flexibility).
- The cuirass hangs a short distance below the belt, flaring slightly. You can see where the breastplate buckles to the backplate best.
- The buckles and straps at the side are attached to the front and back plate with 1-2" long ornamental gold pieces.
- The cuirass is topped with a leather belt. He wears etched gold plate armor: vambraces—they appear to be almost full-circle, buckling under the arm—and matching four-lame pauldrons.