How to Dress Like Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H
Ever want to throw a M*A*S*H party or just want a cool Halloween costume? Here's the costume for you! This article will teach you how to dress and act like everybody's favorite M*A*S*H character, Hawkeye Pierce.
Find an old army uniform; it should consist of a button down shirt, undershirt, and pants. It needs to be all olive drab green, plus a pair of black boots. If you can't find the boots, then converse sneakers will work. Also, add a red bathrobe and cowboy hat, but leave the robe undone so you can see the army uniform.
Once your clothing is all together, you will want to change your hair. You will want to have it long and dye it black and have it parted it to the left, but part it on the right side of your head to get the "Alan Alda" comb over.
- If you want the movie version, then color your hair brown and add a hat and glasses. You can find temp hair color at costume or beauty shops.
Put it all together and leave your shirt completely unbuttoned.
- For finishing touches, have a martini glass. Don't use any alcoholic drinks if you are underage.
Flirt with the girls and try to play pranks on the others, and don't forget the one-liners. Be very witty, and make very inappropriate comments.
Remember, you have to get into character as Hawkeye. If you're going to be embarrassed, don't do it in the first place.
Be as insane and outrageous as possible. Use funny voices, personality and props.
- If you want to change up the T.V. Hawkeye a little bit, then use a red bathrobe or a blue Hawaiian shirt. You could also try white scrubs if you can find any.
- To have more fun with the costume, be sure to get into character as much as possible. Have fun with it!
- Prepare some jokes before the party and be funny.
- Don't do any prank that would end with physical injury.
- Flirt with the girls, but don't get in trouble with the police.
- Don't use any real alcohol if you're underage.