How to Dress Like Marilyn Manson or a Shock Rocker
Want to shake up your image or amp up your shock factor? This article will help.
Listen to shock rock. Know the difference between goth, metal, shock rock, and glam metal. The music alone may give you an inspiration on how to dress.
Try out different, "shocking" styles. A few examples are:
- Corpse Paint
- wigs or hair extensions
- Excessive makeup (Bright fluorescent green eyeliner, red eyeshadow, etc.)
- Crazy clashing clothing
- Dark, dramatic clothing
- Different contact lenses
- Fishnets under ripped jeans
- Fake blood on your clothes
- No clothing at all! (Some shock rockers have performed naked!)
Know that there is really no right or wrong way to dress (or be) a shock rocker. Be who or what you want to be, and don't let anyone put you or what you look like down. Confidence is a must for this look!
- Listen to bands/artists like: Marilyn Manson, Gwar, Lordi, Alice Cooper, Mindless Self Indulgence, KISS, and W.A.S.P. They're all completely different, but all shock rock.
- Get into satanic imagery. Note that you must NOT BE satanic, but conveying the image of horror and darkness often accomplishes the "shock" in shock rocker.
- Create your own look, you're going look dumb if another Gene Simmons or Alice Cooper walks around the mall.
- You will most likely be made fun of, ignore them, or better do something to shock them!!
- Don't make fun of goths, metalheads, or emos. They may view you as a "poser" but convince them that you're different. They may be your only friends =Þ.
- Don't be arrogant.
- Don't walk into an employment agency looking like you normally do. You're not going to get a job.
- People may get the idea that you're a devil worshiper.
- Don't go to school looking like this.