How to Dress Like My Chemical Romance
Wanting to look like a member of My Chemical Romance? Want to look like a rock star? Want to look a little on the dark side? Follow these steps to do just that.
<b>Keep black in mind. </b> If your parents aren't very fond of that color, try something similar like dark navy. For what to buy, try something simple at first like a black polo, a tie, a belt and a pair of dark skinny, skin-tight jeans. They don't have to be expensive.
<b>Wear a tie with your polo shirt. </b> Believe me, it looks good. If you're going for the Black Parade look, get a black and white striped tie. For Three Cheers, use red. For their first album, don't bother with a tie.
<b>Look at photos of the band! </b> It can help you decide on the look you want.
<b>Wear Converse. </b> It's a classic look. Vans would go well too, depending on what you're wearing with them.
<b>Wear band shirts. </b> They don't make you look like the band, but you can be sure people will recognize you as a fan. Bands such as Metallica, Iron maiden and AC-DC would look awesome. Wash them a few times so they look a little worn out. Don't wear the weird brand, ripping off band shirts; they make you look trashy.
<b>Apply some black eyeliner! </b> It looks great on girls, and occasionally on boys if used right. Some pale red eyeshadow would also work if you're going for the Three Cheers look. Be careful if you're a guy, because putting too much make-up on might make you look a bit like a transvestite.
<b>You don't have to be emo to be a MCR person. </b> MCR have stated themselves that their music style should not be considered emo. Bear in mind though, emos don't necessarily cut themselves or commit suicide, so if you get called emo, it doesn't really matter. Don't get too stressed.
<b>Think originality. </b> You don't want to totally rip off the MCR guys. People will only take you as a poser. Put a few things which you think looks good with what you're wearing.
<b>Cut your hair like a member of the band (Gerard's probably best). </b> Bring a photo of the hairstyle you want to your stylist, to avoid hair mishaps.
<b>If you wear uniforms at a school</b> then just ask your principal if you can change your hair a certain way or dye it. If you can't do that then just wear a bunch of cool accessories that show you're a music fan but also show yourself.
<b>You are still you, whatever happens. </b> Your personality will not change with your look. If you cut yourself, you're suicidal, not a fan. If you're a preppy kid, stay like one on the inside. If you do change, it only makes you look like a poser. People will notice.
- Try and keep hygienic. The MCR guys aren't the cleanest guys on the earth (although Frank is cleanest, according to Gerard), but you don't have to smell like them. Everyone would move away from you if you stink, even if you look amazing.
- If you have a particular member which you want to look like, wear whatever they're wearing. For example, if you want to look like Mikey, wear mechanic boots.
- Drawing or writing on yourself would be funny and makes you look like Gerard.
- Keep the make-up simple. An artistic way of doing eyeliner may look good, but it may look silly if you do it wrong.
- Punk and goth are something very different from this topic. Avoid those types of clothing if you can.
- If your parents are against you dressing like this, don't scream at them. If there's something wrong with the color, lighten it slightly. If there's something wrong with a particular article of clothing, remove it or try and find an alternative.
- Try not to go over the top with metal things. It makes you look more punk.
- Some people may start to judge or discriminate you. Just hold your head high and walk past them because you don't care.
- There may be a chance that you get called a poser.
Things You'll Need
- Band shirt
- A collared shirt
- Pair of converse, vans or leather shoes
- A polo shirt
- Skinny jeans