How to Dress Like Selena Gomez
Is Selena Gomez your idol? Do you want to be like her or even look like her? Just follow this article!
Get a pair of Converse Sneakers. Selena's favorite shoes are Converse. These shoes can be purchased almost anywhere, approximately $30. She also wears boots if you don't want to wear converse. She also supports the leather boots look. Her boots are either light brown or black. Pair this with some cute jeans!
Layer your clothes. Layer tanks over tanks, tanks over tees, tees over long-sleeve shirts, tanks over long-sleeve shirts, tees over tees, vests over tops, and so on. However, only follow this style if you want to look like Selena when she was a bit younger because Selena has moved on from layers and doesn't wear them as often.
Wear a few dresses. Since Selena is getting older, she is getting into wearing dresses. If you want to be like the modern Selena/Selena as she is now, then follow this step.
Wear skinny jeans. Wear skinny jeans with anything. Skinny jeans are popular so you can find them almost anywhere. Just about every teen store carries skinny jeans.
Shop at stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Kohls, PacSun, Hot Topic, K Mart, Target and Wal-Mart. If you are looking for more expensive clothes, shop at Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Aeropostale, American Eagle, and Urban Outfitters.
Wear lots of accessories. They are essential. Grab a pair of trendy sunglasses to start. Then try adding some cute shoulder strap purses and clutches as they are "in" this season. Then, to top it off and add another Selena Gomez spin, wear some big hoop earrings as Selena loves these.
Add a bit of your own style. If you look at some of her candidate pictures, you will see that she wears basic clothes similar to yours.
- Selena does wear accessories, but don't over accessorize. Put on maybe a bracelet, a few small necklaces, and a cute pin to finish your look.In some of the episodes, you will see that she has jewelry on, but not so much. Do not over-accessorize with too much hair accessories on. It will mess up your hair. Just use 1 or 2 hair clips, a little flower, or something like that.
- If people tease you just ignore them. If you like the style, then other people shouldn't be in the way! Just keep smiling, keep your chin up and wear those clothes with confidence. Dare to be different!!!
- When you put the make up on, make it look natural. Don't put too much make up on.
- When you're buying tees, don't buy a shirt that doesn't suit you and that you will never wear even if it is $1. Reality, if you do you will never wear it and there went a dollar down the tube.
- Put a little of YOU into it!
- Selena layers clothing, if you do not know what that means, here it is: It means she puts one shirt on top of another, like a cute tank, a tee, a long-sleeve, then a vest.
- If you don't like wearing skinny jeans then just wear regular ones.
- If you have only a little spending money don't buy a $100 pair of jeans.
- Selena believes that being yourself is really important, so add a bit of your own style in there!
- Before you go on your shopping spree make sure your parents approve of the "wardrobe change".
Things You'll Need
- Converse or "Converse" like sneakers
- Skinny Jeans
- Shirts (tee's, tanks, long sleeve, vests)
- Accessories (necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc.)