How to Dress Like Sleeping Beauty
Everyone has their inner princess, and it's always great to show it. Aurora is a delightful princess to model your fashion after, but obviously we can't go outside wearing bright pink ball gowns everywhere we go! So here are a few helpful guidelines on how to incorporate Sleeping Beauty's romantic style into your wardrobe.
When shopping, opt for romantic styles- think draping and flowing, with a sharp cinch at the waist. However, depending on your body type, make sure the clothes still show off your figure.
Aurora loves flowers. When looking for clothes, find things with subtle floral accents.
Never show too much skin. This style is classy. Things that are too short or too low-cut are not ideal for this look. Try A-line skirts that cinch in at the waist or colorful, scoop-neck sweaters that fit your body nicely.
When accessorizing, think about keeping it simple. You never see Aurora piled on with tons of bracelets and necklaces. Keep it down to one or two pieces. Try simple belts and headbands to complete your look.
Hair should be blown out soft and straight. Then, using a curling iron (preferably with a barrel, curl just the ends of your hair for a dreamy look. Use a solid-colored headband or ribbon and you're ready to go!
When it's time to dress up, choose a long dress or gown. Try going for long sleeves, as Aurora would. If you aren't comfortable with long sleeves, at least have a cap sleeve.
Don't be afraid of bright color. Find the color that works for you, and choose a nice bold shade of it. Use your color as much as you can without being too eye-catching (in a bad way).
Wear ballet flats or other shoes that make your feet look as delicate as possible.
Makeup should be used wisely. Use shades of pink and brown eyeshadow, rosy blush, and a light gloss on the lips.
- Remember, dressing like Aurora is only part of the "look". In order to bring your clothes to life, you'll need the attitude to match. So stand up straight, shoulders back, and head high.
- Enjoy nature. When choosing activities to do with friends, get out in the fresh air and enjoy a nice walk in the park.
- If this isn't your usual style, but you want it to become so, then start out small. Try wearing ballet flats with a rose accent and a simple black headband with your regular attire. Start adding little touches each day- be it a full skirt or a bright pink cardigan.
- Never act fake. Aurora is always sweet and romantic, but never so much that people don't want to be with her. Listen to others and be a good friend.
- Have fun! If this style isn't working for you, try another one. There are lots of princesses to model your fashion after- find the one that works for you!
- Incorporate these tips into your life, but never too strongly. You still want to be you, not a character. Let's leave dressing up as a princess for going to Disneyland.