How to Dress Like Taylor Momsen
Taylor Momsen who plays Jenny Humphrey on Gossip Girl and is the lead singer of a band, The Pretty Reckless has a rocker style inspired by Joan Jett, Debbie Harry and Courtney Love. Follow these steps to achieve a similar look.
Give a picture of Taylor's hair to your hair stylist. She has blunt bangs and choppy layers, it is shoulder length. Now she wears extensions and parts her hair down the middle or to the side. She usually has her hair straight or wavy.You can also try to wear side bangs and if your hair is already long you can try to make it curly.Also you shouldn't comb it too much,Taylor likes to wear it a bit messy.
For make up she usually has the smokey eye: -Holding the skin of your upper lid, apply eyeliner from the inside corner of the eye outward.
Use a cotton swap to "smudge" the liner.
Dab an eyeshadow brush into a deep-hued eyeshadow and apply over the eyeliner to set the line. (Blow on the brush first to remove any excess shadow). Layering liner with a shadow is the secret to a perfect smoky eye.
Blend shadow well, then follow with eyeshadow in grey and black.
Keep makeup on your cheeks softer so that they won't compete with your eyes, but enough to warm up skin tones. Taylor often wears pink or red lipstick that contrasts with her eyes.
Wear plaid it is Taylor's favorite print.
Wear short skirts/dresses. Taylor is rarely seen in a long dress. She likes to wear vintage slip dresses on stage.
Her staple colors are grey and black. She often adds a touch of hot/shocking pink through accessories.
Buy a leather jacket! She wears them with skinny jeans and dresses.
Buy a pair of jet black skinny jeans.
Taylor piles on the jewelry and takes a more rock and roll attitude with her accessories. She layers lots of beaded and cross necklaces.
Taylor wears hippie chic hats like beanies and trilby's.
For shoes Taylor wears very high heels; usually in peep toes(in hot/shocking pink) or ankle boots(in black).
Taylor loves layering many flashy necklaces, typically vintage inspired.
- Shop in thrift stores, vintage shops, H&M, Topshop, Urban Outfitters and Forever 21.
- Look at pictures of Courtney Love, Joan Jett and Debbie Harry as they are her style inspirations.
- Taylor's favorite designers are Chanel, Rag and Bonne, Alexander Wang, and Marchesa.
- Taylor usually dyes or shortens vintage dresses she buys.
- Taylor has her own personal shoe designer, if you have enough money get one.
- You don't have to spend a lot of money; go to Urban Outfitters, Topshop, H&M and vintage shops.
- Add your own personal touches.
- Don't go overboard with hair and make up.
- Don't try to act like Taylor.
Things You'll Need
- Foundation(your skin tone)
- Black eye shadow
- Grey eye shadow
- red/hot pink lipstick
- light blush
- Plaid shirt/dress
- Short skirt/dress(in black/grey)
- Slip dress
- Leather Jacket(must have)
- Hot pink heels
- Ankle/Over the knee black boots
- Black/grey skinny jeans
- Band t shirts (her favorites are The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Garbage, Joan Jett, The Runaways, Blondie, Courtney Love)
- Converse (black high tops)
- Beaded cross necklaces
- Trilby/beanie hat
- Many different jewelry pieces.