How to Dress Like You are in Downton Abbey
Do you love the Downton Abbey look, but wonder, 'How do I do this for today and for real life?' If so, this article will help with practical suggestions for every body type and budget.
Find long dresses. This is a staple in the shows wardrobe, and would have been in the era it covers.
Find dressy, flowing tops. The ladies blouses always have a good amount of room.
Find long skirts. A good match with the flowing tops, the skirts are usually below knee or longer.
Find inexpensive long necklaces. A nice piece of jewellery can go a long way.
Find an inexpensive hat. Women wore them often then.
Find some nice shoes. Among the ones for choosing are flats, Oxfords, and shoes with small heels.
Find a nice pair of pants. Women were just starting to wear pants, so try a nice fitted pair of dress pants.
- Be sure to keep your taste in the mix as well.
- You might want to learn how to sew. That ripped dress that was a deal-breaker can easily be fixed with sewing.
- Use thrift, department, and independent stores to create your look.
- Try checking Mom/Grandma/Auntie/Sister/Cousins closet to see what they have that could work. See if you can borrow it, or if you really like it, offer to buy it off them.
- Check stores often, as their merchandise does change so much.
Things You'll Need
- Energy. Some items will be hard to find.
- Time. It will take awhile to find everything you want and get it just the way you want it.
- Patience. When shopping for these items, remember that Downton Abbey has made this style popular again and a lot of people are looking for the same things you are.
- A list to remember everything