How to Dress Like a Celebrity
Have you ever wondered how Mary-Kate, Kirsten, Nicole, and Lindsay look ridiculously good even when running small errands like grabbing coffee? It's not by accident. Celebrities carefully craft their style and appearance to maintain their public image at nearly all times. If you're enamored with the glamorous world of Hollywood celebrities, look no further - you can dress like a celebrity too!
Go shopping! Try buying more single pieces, not full outfits. A jacket, a tank top, a turtleneck, low-cut pants. It's better to mix up your wardrobe than buy complete sets of outfits. Shop at inexpensive stores to get cheap, yet chic clothes. A vintage store would be a good idea to find something big and trendy.
Get your own, fancy pair of sunglasses! Go glitzy! Get some with studs or diamonds. Sometimes its cool to wear aviators. Big white or black ones for the Mary-Kate Olsen look. Getting sunglasses means wearing them wherever you go. That includes the supermarket too. I mean, you've seen Paris Hilton strolling down the grocery store with her mega chic black sunglasses even if it wasn't so sunny, so why can't you do it?
Wear big accessories. Always remember the word 'big'. Think big bangles, big handbags, big earrings. Hoops work for anyone, and so do bulky handbags. With a handbag, zipped up jacket, jeans and sunglasses, you've already got the 'Watch-out-I-am-a-celebrity' look.
Be a scarf girl for a day. Wear scarves hanging around the front of your neck, or at the back, or tie one around your waist. To keep your look flowing, get a scarf.
Shoes, shoes, shoes! Knee-high boots is a definite step forward. Wearing flats or sandals is cute too, but for the superstar look you should really buy a cute pair of knee high boots. Add a heel for a dressy look or keep them flat and comfy for that boho look that a lot of celebrities love. Work your style!
Less is more. If you are thinking about buying that sequined shirt but only have enough money for a plain v-neck, go with the basics. Add a longer necklace if you want a more glitzy look. An outfit many celebrities are seen shopping or on the streets in is a plain shirt, a scarf, some jeans, and some boots. Sometimes they add shades or a leather jacket for added glamour.
Remember, you don't always have to look fabulous. Some celebrities go to the supermarket wearing low-rise thread pants, a jacket and sunglasses.
Encourage yourself to wear stylish outfits like skinny jeans with jackets and a huge Prada bag! Go for Gucci and Chanel too. In special occasions, wear flowing skirts or party dresses, like strapless or spaghetti strapped black dress, perhaps midnight blue or angelic white. However, black is the big thing.
Keep your outfits flowing to the next level. Step up to the big level, meaning keep your outfits hitting the next edge. You don't have to stay up with everyone's style, keep your own style! Be yourself!
- Sometimes, you can go shopping in your closets. You may have clothes you could put together in ways you didn't know. No need to break the bank.
- Find a good regimen for your skin. Remember to wash your face twice a day as well as exfoliate with a scrub once a week. Moisturize your skin every night and drink lots of water to hydrate your flawless skin.
- Don't be afraid to experiment. If you want, opt for leggings instead of jeans. Dare to be daring! Be different and exciting.
- Scour the internet for beauty tips. You don't necessarily need really expensive makeup to achieve a celebrity look. Technique and tools (brushes, etc) are much more important.
- If you want to look the part you have to act the part, work that strut you've been secretly practicing in the mirror.
- For purses and shoes, try to get a designer such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Hollister, Chanel or Prada. Even if you can't afford it, do not get fakes. Fakes not only look amazingly tacky, they are also illegal. Buying fakes supports sweatshops and child labor. These are different to knock-offs, which take certain features of the designer bags to imitate the look, without pretending to be of the same high label. Knock-offs are acceptable if it isn't too obvious.
- Some ideal shops if you can't afford designers are Forever 21, Banana Republic, American Apparel or Urban Outfitters.
- Always smile! It will always look like you are happy and excited !
- Don't act snooty or be mean to others!
- Don't smirk(Pursed lips, anyone?). Smile naturally for a red-carpet ready expression. Also, the number one thing you should never do is tell someone that you are famous, or anything else like that. It will get ugly!
- Don't overdo the makeup; the last thing you want is to look trashy. Do you want to look like a trashed Courtney Love?
- Don't pretend to be an actual celebrity! Don't go around bragging about the new movie you were in that never existed. People will look down on you.
Things You'll Need
- A really nice top, a huge tee, cute halter, etc.
- Colorful scarves
- Cute necklaces
- Flats/high-tops and other stylish shoes
- Black Eyeliner
- Vaseline (petroleum jelly) or clear lip-gloss
- Big bag!
- Huge sunglasses!
- A celebrity's attitude (think gorgeous, feel gorgeous, be gorgeous! be confident-not cocky!)