How to Dress Like a Firefighter
Dressing like a firefighter can mean different things depending on your own interpretation but the basics are pretty much looking ready for action, looking heroic, wearing suitable colors that reflect the fire department of choice, and perhaps even having a fireman's hat. Use your creativity to develop this style into your own.
Get a pair of E. M.T. Pants to wear. Try looking at pictures of firefighters online. Sometimes, you can just take a pair of khaki pants and add strips of neon duct tape.
Purchase a lot of polo shirts. Iron on logos and support messages related to firefighting symbols. However, a simple blue polo shirt will do just fine with a jacket over it.
Prefer colors that match the colors of the fire department that you like the most. Use the internet for more information on the actual style and colors involved.
For rainy or snowy days, wear a jacket with the patch or one that says fire on it.
Buy the helmet.
- Dressing like a firefighter can be especially fun for Halloween
- Look at other places in the world for ideas.
- Try to stick to common firefighter colours like red, yellow, black and white.
- Consider dressing as a smoke jumper if you're really daring!
- Talk to fire departments to get ideas.
- Just because your clothing says fire department doesn't make you a firefighter! Do not impersonate any official; that is illegal and also foolhardy.
- Never try to put out a large fire if you are not trained. You could get seriously hurt.