How to Dress Like a Mosher
Want to dress like a real mosher? Then read on!
Wear appropriate shoes. Good choices include:
- High tops
- Combat boots
Wear the right tops! There are a lot of options:
- Band tees (think Slipknot, and Pre-American Idiot Green Day tees)
- Slogan tees. Anything funny, sarcastic, or witty is fine
- Striped tops
- Worn out flannel tops
- Slouchy or a burnout pullover top
Try out skirts!
- You could wear a tutu, just don't be labeled as scene
- Denim mini
Have a unique style. Try mixing emo, skater, grunge and punk sub cultures.
Wear the right bottoms and jeans!
- Skinny jeans (destroyed, colored, acid wash)
- Skinny cargo jeans (olive, blue)
- Baggy cargo jeans (black, olive, tan)
- Knuckle duster rings
- Choker necklaces
- Stud belts
- Studded bracelets
- Black nail polish, or any neon color of nail polish
- Black eyeliner, top and bottom of the eye (don't go overboard!)
- Red lipstick
- Concealer for any imperfections
- Have an experimental style.
- Be patient - you won't look like a mosher right away.
- People may look at you weird out of your 'crowd' but remember you are your own person!
- Don't call yourself a mosher or people will think of you as a poseur