How to Dress Like a Ninja for Halloween
This guide will show you how to dress like a ninja for Halloween without having to spend money. You'll be using your own clothes!
Get dressed in jeans pants and a short sleeve shirt. Make sure the shirt and pants contrast in color.
Grab another pair of jeans pants and a belt, make sure the pants are a dark color. (dark green, brown, navy blue, contrary to popular belief ninjas don't wear black, it actually makes them stand out instead of blend in because in the dark black would seem unnatural.)However you may want to look the way most people thought they looked, so in this case you want to dress black.
Grab another short sleeve shirt. Try to make it the same color as the short sleeve shirt you're wearing.
Take a belt and the second pair of pants. Turn the pants over so the rear is facing up, with the legs going toward your body. Then run the belt through the three belt loops on the pants, from left to right.
Now take the pants, put it on your shoulders with your head between the legs. Make sure the top of the pants are hanging down your back with the legs hanging down your chest.
Grab the two ends of the belt, the buckle should be on your left, and the end should be on your right. Pull them around to your chest, over the pant legs, and fasten the belt.
Fix the legs so they make a V across your chest.
Now take the second shirt and put in on like you were going to wear it normally, but stop when your face gets to the collar and don't put you arms through the sleeves.
Now make sure the collar is centered over your face and pull the sleeves behind your head and tie the sleeves together.
Now fix the bottom of the collar so it goes over your nose, and the top so its right above your eyes.
Fold in any extra collar.
Now you're a ninja.
- If you want to use different colors, make sure the two t-shirts match in color.
- It might get hot underneath the mask, so be think about the weather outside before you put one on.
- Depending on the type of environment you live around, a color change from the stereotypical black is a creative idea. For running around at night-time, try a dark or navy blue. For wooded areas (e.g. if you live in a forest area), A dark green or brown will suit best. If its Halloween and it's already snowing (hey, you have to be prepared for the unlikely!) then white is a good colour. And if you live in the city or suburbia, have a go at a grey. But if you want to instantly recognized as a Ninja, go for black.
- Don't eat or drink with the mask on over your face.
- You can easily be mistaken as a terrorist, or a criminal. So be careful where you wear this costume.
- Make sure your belt isn't too tight. The only good ninja is a conscious one.
Things You'll Need
- 2 T-shirts (Matching color is best)
- 2 jeans pants
- A belt