How to Dress Like a Popular Person
Like all people, you want to fit in. You want to be the girl or guy everyone notices in the hallway. You know--that one that always gets high fives from the other popular people? Well if you aren't already one of those people, it's easy to dress like one. Remember people like individuality too, so don't follow these steps to the letter, put some of your style in it as well.
Act nice and caring while dressing like a popular person or you're sort of defeating the objecting of appearing popular. Of course you can dress like a popular person and not have many friends. Do not act like the whole world revolves around you when dressed like a popular person, it doesn't.
Talk to people when you are dressed like a popular person. Give sincere compliments, say "Hi Brooke. I love your earrings!", but make sure they are called Brooke and wearing earrings or it's weird. It could make people think 'Wow, that person is really nice. Maybe that's someone I would like to hang out with!'. Start by giving these compliments to people that are on the same social status as you. And as you work your way up, give them to the super popular people, so they can think the same things about you. And then, give the compliments to the people that are below you socially, so they know, and other people know, you're not stuck up.
Dress to impress. This is one of the key things. Don't you just crave to be that person that everyone is like "Wow! I wish I had their style!" Or for guys "Dude, those shoes are so sick. Where can I get some?" If you want to dress to impress, you have to wear clothes from some brands everyone knows, but occasionally-it's okay to buy from smaller companies too, just so when someone asks you where you got your necklace you can just say "Oh you know, that small store at the mall?". For girls, make sure to wear clothes that flatter your body. Wear clothes that cling to you, but aren't too tight on you. Wear nice fitting jeans, never saggy ones. Make sure to wear pretty makeup too, but not too dark. That's a turn-off for some guys. For guys, make sure to wear athletic clothes like loose shirts with company logos on, like BBC or CIF, basketball shorts (but not saggy shorts), and Nike, Under Armor, etc. brands of shoes. But don't be afraid to wear jeans too! Many girls love it when a guy wears nice fitting jeans. And also...no makeup!
Get a crush while you are dressed as a popular person. All popular people have a crush. So look around your class room. Is there a girl or guy that is people pleasing, nice looking, funny, sweet, and/or totally crush worthy? If so, try and make friends with them. Do things together, and make sure your seen with them. And if possible, ask some of your true blue friends to spread a rumor that you guys are dating. Maybe it will make that person think of you as more than friend. But don't start that rumor until after you've hung out a few times. Make sure that this person won't get their feelings hurt by the rumor or get mad at you.
Be yourself! That's the most important thing when trying to become popular. You cannot be fake, because people will realize that you are being a fake, and won't even want to talk to you! Remember this and you're sure to be popular in no time!
- Wear nice clothes like popular people wear. Ask your parents for some spending money, and go with a friend who always has the best styles, and make them help you pick out some cute (for girls), and sporty (for guys).
- Don't be fake. People can spot a fake from a mile away. Be yourself, and give nice compliments to everyone, even teachers, parents, and other adults.
- Flirt. Popular people do it all the time. Just make sure you aren't flirting with anyone's boyfriend or girlfriend. That would lead to popular person's drama, which you really don't want!
- Don't flirt with other people's boyfriends and girlfriend. You don't want that drama.
- If you are on a low clothes budget, try and work with what you have at home. Observe the styles of the popular people at your school, and do your best to copy off of it!
- If people think you are being a fake even though you know inside yourself you really aren't-just give up being popular! It's not going to work. And wouldn't you rather be on the normal level of social status than going to being that "fakey-fakey" loser that doesn't have anyone to sit with at lunch?