How to Dress Like a Preppy Punk Girl
Do you want to be skater, stylish and cool? It's super simple to be a skater punk, if you follow these steps.
Have skater shoes. You can also have any kind of Hightops or neon Converse. Good well known brands are; Vans, Etnies, DC, Converse, or Airwalk.
Have a medium or long hair cut. Preferably with bangs that slightly cover the eyes. The preferred color is dark brown or red, but blonde is good too. If you dye your hair black, have a short hair cut. Black is a bit too punk, so by having it short, it doesn't hang in your face.
Clothes! If you wear skirts, wear short black or plaid ones with leggings. If you feel edgy you can put rips in your leggings. Or if you're going for a slightly grungier look, wear more darker colors. Go for some wristbands. Try not to look scene. That's not the look you're looking for.
Bold accessories! Chunky bracelets and necklaces with bold pendants is a good way to start. Claire's is a fabulous place to get loud (yet cheap) accessories. You can also wear striped head bands or some wristbands.
Make-up. If you are going natural, you can wear light brown eye shadow mascara and some clear gloss. If you are bold, you can wear some neon eye shadow with black eye liner. You can wear no makeup at all.
- You can also paint your nails black or dark pink. This is optional. Any color is good. Feel free to put on fake nails with dots, skulls, or anything else funky and bright on it!
- Don't do this because all your friends are.
- It's probably better if you make a slow transition to this style, or everyone will think you're trying too hard, and you are a faker.
- Be yourself. Never be a fake!
- Avoid Scene clothes at all cost. You aren't scene.
- Don't feel you have to ditch all your clothes - customise! It looks more personal, and shows your style better.
- Don't go too far with this.
- Don't follow too closely, change it around a bit according to preference.
- Don't be a wannabe, everyone will bad mouth you.