How to Dress Like a Punky Rockstar at a Young Age
You're still very young but would love to dress like a rock star/punk girl? Then this article is for you!
Listen to the music. You can listen to Blink 182, the Offspring, pretty much every punk/rock band.
Empty your closet! All the pink, frilly stuff needs to go out. Only stuff that looks cool (ripped jeans, leather jackets, black and neon colour shirts..) can stay!
Go shopping (Bear in mind the punk motto is 'Do It Yourself', meaning if you have thinks at home you could make look punky with rips and patches and safety pins, go and do it! ) Go looking in every shop and try to search for something that looks punky. Ripped jeans, coloured skinny jeans, converse, combat boots, leather jackets, loose T-shirts with graphic design on them in dark colours like black and red but also bright pink and white... this is what you really need to get:
- Basics: black tee's, white tee's, black and red skinnys and black hoodies.
- Lots of band T-shirts from bands you like
- Plaided mini skirts are a must.
- Converse in all different colours
- Combat boots
- Striped socks work GREAT with plaided skirts
- A leather jacket: THIS IS A MUST!
- Loads of accessories: studded belts, badges with flags and punk quotes, spiked bracelets and necklaces with guitars on them...
- Jeans: mostly ripped or bleached
- Dresses that look cool for party's
Deal with the reactions. People may call you a poser or something like that, but you have to ignore them.
Get the hair and make up. If you're allowed to wear makeup you can wear eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara in black. For hair make sure it has layers and if you can, dye it in a bright colour like red or blue.