How to Dress Like a Scene Girl
So You Want To Dress Scene? Here are some things you might want to know before you go shopping.
Wear Scene shirts. Try Cartoon Character Tees, Band Tees, Plaid Tees, Statement Tees, and Designed Tees. You should shop at Hot Topic, Spencer's, Walmart, Kmart, Sears, Claire's, etc.
Wear Scene bottoms. A good option is Skinny Jeans; which are definitely in the Scene culture. Get any color you want. Also Straight legs are good to wear, too. Skirts are a good choice also just make sure you wear leggings underneath. Capris are good too or you can try wearing jegging capris.
Wear Scene shoes. Converses are definitely Scene. Get Converse in any color you want. Also DC's and Vans are Scene, but only get two pair of each and wear them once a week. Flats are a good choice too. Nike air forces are good too but they're prep shoes so make sure you only have one pair and wear them once every 2-3 weeks.
Wear Scene accessories. Bracelets, Necklaces, Hair Bows, Earrings, Make-up, Belts, and headbands are all Scene. You can make your own Necklaces and Bracelets homemade with neon colored beads. But you can get all the accessories at Claire's and Hot Topic.
Don't let anybody judge you or call you a poser.
- Scene need to show who they are if you dress like every other scene you will be judged. Be yourself!
- Wear neon colors and a little bit of dark colors. Never wear all black. Be sure to contrast these colors for pop.
- If you wear Aeropostale, Southpole, Rocawear, Baby Phat, Dereon, American Eagle, Hollister, etc., stop wearing it because those Clothing Lines are not Scene; they're for preps.
- Don't change in one day or a week, it will take time. It can take up to 6 months and maybe more months.
- Don't tell people you are scene; they will label you as a POSER. If someone asks you are scene, just say no and if they keep asking you, just keep saying no.
- If you like wearing prep shoes like Jordan's, Southpole, Baby Phat's. etc., stop wearing those shoes because they're not Scene.
- People might make fun of you but just ignore them; they're just jealous.