How to Dress Like a Teenager
Dressing like a teenager means keeping your style fresh, youthful and comfortable. If you're keen to get this combination right, follow the suggestions offered here.
Try wearing the right clothes.
- If you are a girl, wear denim shorts in the summer, a thin top and some vans. In the winter, wear some skinny jeans with a nice cotton jumper and some high laced boots.
- If you are a boy, wear normal jeans in the summer as well as a plain white baggy top, a hoodie and some soft sports style shoes or sneakers.
Try new hairstyles. If you are a girl ,try tying it back into a high ponytail and add some bows and clip accessories; accessories make a huge difference. Alternatively, maybe leave your hair down. Long hair is great for a wider range of styles and it looks good when you're young. If you are a boy, try growing your hair a little, then gel it up to look spiky.
Set aside enough time for an extended makeup session. For all those spotty ladies out there, try and cover up using spot cream that also cleans your face. Try not to use foundation, as this can make you appear fake. Try a little coat of mascara, some natural eyeshadow and some shiny clear lip gloss.
Act the part. If you are a girl, walk with your back up straight and do not swear. Try to use nice table manners and open doors for others. Say thank you if they do, and do it back for them too. Try start up conversations. If you are a boy, try not to slouch; instead, walk straight and try a cool stride. Don't swear either.
- Do not smoke as it makes you look cheap and it gives you bad breath. If you smoke, don't expect to give your girlfriend/boyfriend a kiss!
- Try and save money to buy nice things, don't spend it all at once though.
- If you do have some money, buy a iPad or a cool phone to go along with your new style.
- If you do swear a lot, then you could be classed as the tacky teenager.