How to Dress Like a Zombie Hunter
Do you want something different to wear to the next zombie convention? Zombies are awesome, but what beats a zombie? A zombie hunter.
Start with the basic clothing. You can choose to wear regular clothes or military surplus. Either way, you need to make a simple decision: color. The most recommended is grey, black, tan, olive drab, camouflage, or hunter orange.
For the following steps, apply your choice of color. Get a tight-fitting t-shirt, preferably Under-Armour. Wear a jacket over it, preferably leather.
Wear facial covering. Get a facemask, ski mask, bandana, etc. This is in case the hunter is bitten, to avoid spreading contagion.
Wear a helmet (of any kind). Hunters have to protect their cranium.
Wear a thick pair of pants or coveralls. Wear some thermal gloves.
Wear some shades and boots.
Armor. This is essential. Liberate some old sporting gear. Try finding things like arm braces, rib guards, mouth guards, shin guards, wrist braces, or even shoulder pads.
- For the dedicated hunters, carry around a CB Radio (to contact other hunters).
- Try reading the Zombie Survival Guide for more ideas.
- To throw in some humor, wear badges or shirts displaying zombie hunter material.
- Cover every inch of skin.
- Carry around a pack with necessities to survive.
- Carry around a toy gun and knife; hunters have to rely on both range and melee weapons.
- For the military-style hunters, wear tight clothing, and trim your hair.
- If you go to a zombie convention with this outfit, prepare to be swarmed.
Things You'll Need
- Leather jacket
- Face mask
- Toy gun (optional)
- Toy knife (optional)
- Zombie Survival Guide (optional)
- Survival pack (optional)
- Radio (optional)