How to Dress Modestly (for Girls)
Have you ever been sitting with a skirt that turned out to be too small? Have you worn a low rise shirt and felt uncomfortable with the way some people looked at you? Do you want some "How To" tips to dress modestly? If so keep reading.
Buy skirts that go at least as far as your knees. Make sure that when you bend down as far as you can go that you cannot see your upper thighs or your underwear.
Make sure that your pants are not low rise. Be sure you are buying a higher rise. They should be just below your bellybutton. If they are low-rise, they might reveal your underwear when you bend over.
Make sure your shorts reach close to your knees and are not showing your upper thigh or butt. Like the pants, make sure your shorts are high rise.
Your T-shirts should cover your whole shoulder. Lift your arms into the air above your head, as if you were cheering, "Yay!" If your shirt feels too tight around the shoulders (and may also reveal a large portion of your stomach), it is too small. The same rule applies to sweaters as well. Be sure your tops are not too loose, but not tight either. Don't outline your figure suggestively, but don't wear extremely baggy clothes.
When buying anything from shoes, to purses, to clothes, make sure the colours complement your skin and eyes. In other words, they should make you shine, not give you a flashy appearance. The correct solid, plain colors will make you look beautiful without all the glitter and other jazz.
Try little or no makeup. If you do wear makeup, make sure it is vague and more natural looking.
- When you dress modestly it is good to keep in mind that acting the way you are dressing is important. If you dress modestly but act in a not-so-modest way, people will not take you seriously. Your actions, words, and dress must complement each other.
- If you can't find high rise pants/shorts, wearing a tank top underneath your clothes and tucking it in will help prevent showing any skin.
- A good-natured and humble attitude goes well with looking modest.
- Do not judge others who do not act, dress, or talk the way you do.
- It's getting harder to find modest clothing around, so don't be upset if you can't find any.