How to Dress Nicely for a Regular Junior High Dance
Wondering what to wear to the dance? Well, written from the perspective of a middle-schooler, this will help you pick out a nice outfit!
Be feminine, but comfortable. A short sleeved, fitted, scoop-neck t-shirt will keep you cool and comfy, and looking great while at it. Puff-sleeves are very "in" now!
Wear Jeans or Shorts! They'll make you look and feel good and you won't be a self-conscious as you would be if you wore a skirt or dress. But if you are going to keep it simple on the bottom, wear a bold top!
Wear comfortable shoes or your feet will stop you from having any fun! Ballet flats with good arch support are great, and so are sneakers. Don't wear heels, cause your feet will hurt within 10 minutes of dancing.
Wear some fun jewelry that coordinates with your clothes. Faux pearls look very girly and pretty and will dress up any outfit. Wear earrings that go with your outfit too, but try them on the day before to make sure they won't hurt your ears.
Don't wear long sleeves, or sweaters, because it gets hot in there with so many people dancing!
The most important thing is to be yourself and just have fun!
Dress comfortably so you can hang with your friends. Wear a nice, button-up cotton shirt, but diss the tie.
Distressed jeans or corduroys look awesome and are a little bit more dressed-up for the dance rather than school.
Throw on some sneakers (unless not allowed). They tie the outfit together casually.
Accent your outfit with a cool leather belt.
No need to look like you're going to cotillion, just relax when you're picking out something to wear. (And that goes to girls, too!)
- If you don't like it, don't wear it. You'll be worried about the way you look the whole time.
- Wear comfy shoes.
- It's better to under-dress than to over-dress. Don't wear a dress and heels to a dance where the attire wasn't specified. A lot of the kids will be wearing the clothes they wore to school.
- If you're confident with your cool look- be brave, go ask someone to dance! It's hard to refuse.
- Dress comfortably.
- Make sure the way you dress complies with your school dance dress code.
- Don't dress inappropriately for your age. If you're 13, you shouldn't be dressing and acting like you're 17.
- Heels may look cute, but they get really uncomfortable really quickly.
- Don't overdress!
- Wear socks or tights or your feet will feel sweaty and you'll get blisters.
Things You'll Need