How to Dress Slimmer
You're not obese, but you're thinking maybe you're pushing just 5-10 pounds overweight. Maybe homework is bogging you down from working out, or you're just lazy. Time to be thankful that there IS a way to dress slimmer!
- Determine whether you are tubby in the tummy, or in the thighs and butt, or both
- If you have a tubby tummy, you're going to be looking for clothes that show off your slim legs, and clothes that have the illusion of a waist
- If you have more cushion for the fat in the thighs and butt, you're going to be looking for looser waist bands around your hips, tighter fitting pants in the thighs and butt to hold them in, darker colors to give the slimming illusion, and empire waisted tops and dresses to show off your nipped and trim waist
After you pull out items that do this for you from your closet, throw out or donate the clothes that are unflattering for your shape. For tubby tummies, this means you need to rid of hour glass dresses, flare jeans, and anything high-waisted. Make sure you hold onto any rompers, harem pants, and box shaped dresses, because those are your key go to pieces!
For bigger thighs and butt chicks, this means rid of anything box shaped, as that only flatters tubby tummied gals. Be sparing when it comes to dresses that cut just below your bum, because these flatter hourglass shaped women and apple shaped tubby tummy ones, more often than ones who are more pear shaped. Get rid of lighter colored jeans, and ones that are loose in the thighs and butt. Those are the most unflattering pieces for you. But make sure to keep keep keep, dark tight jeans that cut right at your hip bone, because those are your sexy pants!
When you go out to buy new clothes, do not buy pieces that flatter a shape opposite yours. Also, forget the size label! They are inaccurate and manipulated for vanity sizing. So, use them to your advantage as a guide for trying them on, and purchase the one that fits and LOOKS best, regardless of the stupid number on the inside. If it makes you feel better, when you get home, cut that tag right out! Also, for tubby tummied chicks, one size all rompers, harem pants, and parachute tops are common, so go after them!
And lastly, remember to love your beautiful figure no matter what it is! Guys love confidence! You're not fat, you just have a bit of extra padding at the moment, and guess what? That's okay! Just keep in mind that any clothes whatsoever will flatter your figure a billion times better if you keep it trim. So try to stay healthy, and work on shedding those last few pounds, so that you can flatter yourself even more! You deserve it.
- Don't try to squeeze into clothes that don't fit. It's right atrocious. Try to wear slightly bigger sizes and it will not only make you look thinner, but also give weight loss illusion.
- Don't try crash dieting to alter your body shape. It will kill your metabolism, make you feel right awful, and make you look right hideous with a hollowed out face, and no figure at all in the end.
- If you're lost on what flatters you, go to your nearest Nordstrom and schedule an appointment with the personal stylists they have there. It's a complimentary service, meaning that it is free! All you pay for is the clothing you decide to purchase the day you consult with them, and the best part is, they treat every client the same, and try to build a lasting relationship with you. It's worth a shot!