How to Dress Two Tone in Middle School
You like Ska, but you don't wanna look funny in school wearing a suit? Well, here are some EASY steps to dress two tone without getting laughed at by people!
Think about it first. Are doing this because you like the music? For all of you who said "Yes", good! For all of you who hesitated, and thought maybe or said no, then forget it.
Talk to your friends about Ska, and try to get them to like it!
Talk about it to your parents. Ask if they know (ex.)-The Specials, and if they ask "Why?" say "I think they sound pretty cool!", then ask if they liked Ska when they where kids.
Once you have all of those down, creep slowly into the style, or do it over the summer!
Find other people who like Ska!
Now, the style. It involves a lot of black and white checker. Guys, get something like a checkered tie. Wearing a tie may seem a little odd, but try it! Get a button down shirt, leave the top button open if you want to seem casual. As far as pants go, it's fine to wear black jeans, or even shorts. It's time for hats, get fedoras! A pork pie triby will do. Shoot for flat black or even pinstripe. Newsboy caps are also Ska. Sunglasses, these are very popular so they're easy to find, black wayfarers. As far as shoes go, anything black and white will due. I recommend slip-on Vans or black high-top converse.
Put it all together! Put on your shirt, either black or white is fine, put on your tie, (checkered, black or white) and put together everything else!
- Learn how to Skank. (A dance reserved for Ska music)
- Make sure to take off your hat and glasses inside or else they MIGHT get taken away.
- If you see people dancing at school, ask if they can Skank; when they say they can't, show off your moves! A lot of people will think it's cool!
- If kids ask, just tell them it's Ska. Give an example, like Sublime.
- Wear a lot of black and white and checkered clothes; that's two tone!
- If someone in your family likes Ska or is a Rude, ask them about styles and music!
- Mix and Match different Ska styles!
- Listen to Ska! Examples: The Specials, Madness, Reel Big Fish, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Aquabats!, Catch 22, GOGO13, Suburban Legends, Less Than Jake, Goldfinger, O.C. Supertones, and The Toasters.
- Do not jump into it; take it slowly.