How to Dress Up As Goku from Dragonball Z
Dress up as the the main character from Dragonball Z!
Prepare the top. Take a blue short sleeve t-shirt(Blue sweat resistant Dry Move shirt works better) and put it on.
Make blue wrist bands. Either buy them on-line or go to a local sports shop and look for a navy/dark blue color.
Find orange pants, preferably baggy. 1 size larger then what you normally wear would be perfect -- just resew a drawstring inside the belt loop part of the pants (Or have a seamstress do it). Orange baggy pants can be found as either orange/'pumpkin' scrubs or plain Gothic pants, but remove chains/symbols, etc.
Now to make Goku's Kanji. First practice drawing the Kanji on a paper, then when you feel comfortable take a cloth (same color as your pants) and draw the symbol, then make a circle about the size of your hands touching each others fingers in a circle formation.
Now make the same symbol but approximately 4 times bigger and repeat the same as the smaller symbol, and place the smaller one on the left chest, and the larger one on the back. Goku in the Androids and Cell Saga, and Majin Buu Saga don't need symbol.
Take an orange vest, approximately 2-3 sizes bigger then you, something that fills out nice and stops at mid range, cut a v- neck down to the top of the middle of your chest and remove all medals, symbols, etc. Now add the small piece OR simply sew black linen into the LEFT side of the vest to make out the symbol better (preferred). Then add the bigger piece to the back in the top middle right below your shoulders approx. .
Find a long blue sash, or find a Blue Karate belt and use a fold the left side over the right, then the right over the left and tie a knot.
Shoes. .. Very hard - Either buy them on-line or take some boots and paint them the colors to match Goku's' or use cloth and cover the boot, then additional cloth to match the colors and sew it all on. Or go to this website http://www.strangelandcostumes.com/tips-boot.html for a very awesome goku/sayian boot tutorial.
Now spike your hair in many directions and dye black or buy a wig off eBay.
Practice the Kamehameha wave, stretch, work out a bit before you walk around, don't forget your Power Pole (NyoiBou), Dragon Balls, Dragon Radar, and girlfriend (Chi-Chi).
- Goku's power level is unimaginable; this might come in handy if somebody asks!
- Carry a fishing rod perhaps; when Goku's not training, he's usually fishing.
- Wear Weighted Clothing
- Consider wearing orange. That's almost all you'll ever see Goku wearing.
- Remember you will never attain power levels comparable to the real Goku.
Things You'll Need
- Dark blue T-Shirt / Dark Blue DryMore sports shirt*
- Orange vest*
- Extra Orange Material (Optional)*
- Dark Blue Wristbands*
- Orange Scrubs/Gothic Pants*
- Blue Martial Arts Belt (Karate/TKD good source) / Blue Sash*
- White patchs/Material*
- Permanent marker or Black thread and a needle or sewing kit*
- Extra cloth for Boots*
- Wig (I suggest using 'Wax' for your hair if you want to do it naturally)*
- Power Pole*
- Girlfriend dressed as Chi-Chi bashing you all the time (Optional)*
- Brown contacts (If eyes not brown)*
- NOTE: The cost of buying the whole outfit ranges from $80-$200, or you can make it using this list for only $30-$40 (wig and power pole being the most expensive), but not having as good as quality.