How to Dress Wacky and Fun
Want to change your style and be crazy with your clothes? Then read on!
Get yourself down to your local thrift or Salvation Army shops. Whatever worries you may have with buying second-hand clothes, banish them. No one has died in those clothes! You can always find things that are really cool, original and don't break the bank!
Once you're in the shop, pick out things in bright colors- try neons and fluorescents . First check the size, and then check whether you like it. Many wacky clothes start off looking insane, but they can grow on you. If you don't like something, don't buy it, but if you only think you like something and it's expensive, don't bother. There can be many name-brand items there that have hardly been worn and only cost a few dollars!
Try putting underwear in one drawer, tops in the next one down, skirts and trousers next, etc. In the morning, dip your hand into the draw and take out anything but keep your eyes closed. Try and get dressed with your eyes closed, and then see what you look like. If anything really clashes, just limit yourself to changing that one thing in your outfit.
Have fun! Dress in whatever tickles your fancy! Also, you know what's fun? Try wearing bright eye shadow, but make sure what you are wearing is comfortable and that it makes you feel (in a slightly weird way) confident in yourself, and that you are allowed to wear it in your occasion. Smile! It's like reverting to childhood!
- Attention to detail! It's all about those little creative touches. Try wearing unique accessories like a cool pair of knee high socks or a funky brooch.
- Make sure the clothes you get are in good condition: thrift stores are usually good about checking, but sometimes awkward stains raise awkward questions.
- Sometimes bright colors aren't really your thing - but strange clothes come in every size and color.
- Depending on the look you're going for, you might consider mesh or artfully torn clothing. A simple way to tear clothing is to use scissors while it's wadded up or to run over it with your car. If you can find a gravel road, this works well for aging pants.
- If you really want to up the wacky factor, consider dying your hair an unnatural color - with bright clothes, hair colors like blue or hot pink match just about anything.
- You want to look wacky, not tacky.
- Tie-dye, while cool, sometimes isn't very colorfast. Be wary of buying already faded looking material, as it's probably the result of a bad dye job rather than a lot of love by a previous owner.