How to Dress Well As a Tall Girl
You may think it's impossible to dress well as a tall girl. As friends learn to walk in heels, you're still wearing flats. Don't worry - even though you may feel awkward about your height, tall girls are striking and gorgeous -- and that doesn't only refer to the supermodels out there. To dress well as a tall girl, you just have to make the most of your sexy long legs and show off your height with style and class.
Get a fabulous pair of blue jeans. Rock and Republics are very pricey, but no one fits better. (You can get them at Filene's Basement for half the price if you don't mind hunting through racks.) Otherwise, Hollister, Gap, and American Eagle have extra-long inseams. Don't get discouraged if stores in malls don't carry your inseam. Online stores will usually carry longer inseams than physical stores.
Get a nice pair of high heels, you'll look great and you'll make your sexy legs even sexier!
Be outstanding. Because you will never blend in easily, you might as well be drop dead gorgeous. Ask a (trusted) friend to tell you what your best features are.
Show off the legs. Short-shorts are a fabulous way to flaunt your best feature. Or a flowing skirt if you feel uncomfortable.
Keep a cool bust. Just remember that there is a fine line between cute and trashy.
When selecting tops, avoid necklines that are too close to, or hide, your neck - such as crew necks and turtlenecks. Doing so accentuates your long torso in an unflattering way. Instead, choose button-down shirts, or tops with V-necks, scoop necks, or ruffles to visually break the length of the torso, and direct the eye toward design details and jewelry. If you do wear turtlenecks, always accent with a beautiful scarf or an interesting, long necklace.
Spring for an expensive cut for your hair. You can get it trimmed at a cheap place, but a bored college student is not going to know what flatters your bone structure.
Use a subtle eyeliner to bring out the color of your eyes. A chocolate brown looks good on anyone. Clear mascara is natural enough for school.
Accent cheeks with a subtle blush or bronze.
Use a tinted Chapstick or gloss to draw attention subtly.
- Stand up straight and walk proud, you could be a model for goodness sake!
- Make sure the makeup on your face is balanced, wear blush and mascara to keep your face from looking washed out.
- Skinny Jeans looks great on tall girls because it shows long thin legs. So Skinny jeans is a must for tall girls.
- Even though you may feel uncomfortable in heels, a heel will make your long legs look even longer!
- Don't be afraid to wear skinny jeans.
- Just make sure that you can walk in the heels first.
- Wear what you feel comfortable in. Some tall girls wear heels, making them over six feet.
- Don't wear stuff that is too tight. You will look like an asparagus.
- Try out for modeling, it will help you feel more comfortable with your height and build self esteem and confidence.