How to Dress Well in a Kain Samping
Kain Samping is worn by men. Usually, kain samping is about half the size of a normal sarong. It's worn over the trouser of a baju kurung. There are many variations to wear the kain samping but the basic technique is the easiest!
Step into the centre of the circular shaped sarong.
Pull the sarong up to waist level.
Bring the Left end of the sarong to centre to make a fold.
Bring the Right end of the sarong to centre to make a fold.
Apply more strength to adjust the tightness.
Fold the centre of the sarong inwards. And now you are ready for visiting!
- Ask someone to help you with the folding so that you'll get a nice straight cutting for the kain samping.
- Get a Kain Samping that will match your baju kurung.
Do not wear/choose samping of similar colour to your baju kurung.
- Keep the length short and not too long.
Do not walk about too much on loose kain samping.
- Tighten it with a belt so that it won't fall off easily.
- Always check on the fold at the centre after sitting.
- Iron your sarong to make it look presentable.