How to Dress a Salad Healthily
So, you want to eat something delicious, but you need something healthy, right? You opt for a salad. Gross.... How about some ranch? Put some here, pour some there. Next thing you know... It's not healthy... This article will give you tips on how to make a regular greens salad taste, well, good!
Try spices. Depending on how big the salad is, you probably won't gain so many calories with some good spices in it.
Add lemon to your salad. It leaves a nice zest to the leaves and pleases the taste buds. Lemons tend to be acidic, so if you have starved yourself lately, lemon will be bad.
Find a dressing that you like. One cup of ranch has the same amount of calories as two very large jugs of salsa. Try putting salsa in your salad. The more flavor, the more satisfied you will feel. Also try a ginger dressing. This can be found in your local Central Market, or possibly Whole Foods.
Add a drink. Instead of opting for dressing or whatnot, you can drink flavor instead. Try a cocktail sauce such as Clamato, or a Mango smoothie! But don't mix riches. If you have a smoothie and a dressing, you will only end up gaining calories.
- Remember to sort of mix the dressing within your salad so that you have the flavor spread out, and you won't have to get more dressing.
- Add vegetables and fruits such as tomatoes, carrots, celery, peaches, and add some tasty nuts as well. This may or may not blend well depending on whether you have used a dressing or lemon juice.
- Lemon and salt make for a VERY zesty taste.
- AT ALL COSTS, do not go for the creamier dressings like Ranch Dressing, etc...
- If you haven't eaten in the entire day, lemon will provide ulcers for you stomach.