How to Dress and Dance at a Jr. High Dance
If it's your first dance, then it could be scary and you don't usually know what to wear. You might also be scared about your dancing. This article should make you more confident at your first Jr. High dance.
Don't drab up. Don't be all dressy. Be casual unless it's a formal dance. Most middle school dances are casual.
Wear something nice and comfy that you can move in, but if it's casual you still want to dress up a little. if your dress code doesn't allow halters normally, wear that awesome blue one! Most schools will let you 'bend' the dress code rules for dances.
Dress in your comfort zone, whether you feel like your dress top is choking you with its neckline or if you think you're showing a bit too much cleavage. Wear light sparkly and/or bright makeup so it shows up in the dark. Don't spend forty minutes on a smokey eye that no one will see. If you won't be wearing makeup or will be wearing subtle makeup, put more effort into the outfit. Don't be afraid to stand out, wear bright colors. A bold dress gets you noticed,if you aren't able to be noticed the guys will be nowhere to be found.
Any type of normal clothes will do, but wearing a tie to an informal dance isn't recommended. for casual, you may want to break out the nice jeans and a polo or button down. for a formal or semi formal yo want to dress up a bit more. formal requires a tie and semi-formal means you should have on slacks and a dress shirt.
Don't be scared to dance to some song you hate or like. Just sway to the rhythm. Don't be scared, thinking that you can't dance. All the other dancers are worrying about themselves too much to care about your dancing. If it's hip-hop, just bounce and move your arms. If it's a slow dance and you have no one to dance with just dance with your friends.
- Listen to the school rules on dancing. You don't want to risk getting detention or worse.
- If you don't have a date and you want to dance, dance with your friends!
- If your school does tell you that the dance is formal, then that's when you dress up.
- You don't have to go out and buy a new outfit for the dance; just pull out some jeans and a cute shirt!
- dance like no one's watching, move to the beat, jump around, do what you feel comfortable with!
- If anyone comes up to you and says that you can't dance, then don't be offended. Someone like that is a loser for wasting the time to come up to you and tell you that.
- don't worry if the guys (or girls) don't come flocking to ask you to dance, in junior high they normally won't.