How to Dress and Look Good at Peak Camp
Peak Camp is a camp for Scouts/Guides hosted in the Peak District in Derbyshire UK. There will be international visitors. This shows you how to dress and look at camp.
Wear the appropriate gear for the appropriate time.
- Tops. Bring quite a lot of tops. You are away for a week but you will get mucky and wet in some activities. Bring Vest Tops and T-Shirts. Nice looking ones but nothing fancy. Bring about 6 of these.
- Bottoms. Bring 3 full length joggers/tracks. Bring 2 pairs of 3/4's. Bring 2 pairs of shorts.
- Jackets. Bring a waterproof coat. Bring 2 zip-ups and 2 hoodies.
- PJ's. Bring a long sleeve top and bottoms. You could bring a Short pair if you want.
- Shoes. Bring 2 pairs of trainers, a pair of wellies and some pumps.
Bring along lots of Underwear and Socks. And a swimming Cozzie.
- For Evening Entertainment.
- There might be themed nights. Eg: For a prom night, Bring a dress. For a Western Night, bring a checked top, shorts and a cowboy hat. For the other entertainment nights, bring a pair of dolly shoes, a pair of pumps, a fitting pair of jeans, a nice pair of shorts, 2 nice tops/shirts, 2 cardigans and a belt.
- Hair. Bring Dry Shampoo. The queues for the showers are VERY long. Just put your hair up if its dirty and down if its clean, Try scrunching it if its wet.
- Make-up. You don't have to bring this but I did. Foundation, Bronzer/Blusher, Mini Eyeliner, Mascara, Waterproof Mascara, Lip gloss.
- Toiletries. 2 Towels, Toothbrush + Paste, 2 Flannels, Shampoo, Conditioner, 2 mini body washes, Dry Shampoo, Deodorant, Body Spray, Tissues, Hand Sanitizer, Face/Hand wipes, Hairbrush, Bobbles, Clips, Head bands etc. Mints are good to bring.
Bring about £30 spending money. There's a tuck shop and a burger bar and souvenirs.
Bring 2 Day Bags.
- Bring a raincoat.
- You can always wear stuff twice.
- Bring an Umbrella, Scarf and Hat.
- Don't bank on dry warm weather. Pack for all weathers.