How to Dress as Steve Urkel for Halloween
Everyone has heard of the beloved nerd from Family Matters. Annoying as this fellow can be, he makes the perfect character for your Halloween outfit.
Search, search, search. You don't want to buy things for the costume that you already have. Look for a button up shirt (One of your dads that he wont fit in or doesn't wear much will do, just make sure its plaid or plain but preferably plaid.) a pair of jeans that can be pulled up above the waist and to the appropriate height (A size or two to big of jeans will work or you can go with leggings- it just wont be exact.) suspenders (cant skip this!! you can get em' cheap at most thrift stores, or even buy ones from a store like hot topic)and the finishing touch, those big glasses!
- Gather all the usable things you have for the outfit and then make a list of items that are needed
After you go shopping at thrift stores and outlets, if you still have needed items you can hit the mall, but only when necessary. It's not like your going to be a full time Urkel.
Try everything on several times before Halloween, make sure you try it on two hours before trick or treat, day before, 3 days before, and 5 days before. You need to be able to have other things ready if you end up not liking the disguise
Prepare any wigs, makeup, or accessories you decide to use before the day of trick or treating and make sure you have every single thing AT LEAST a day before. preferably 2 days before.These things include: pants, shirt, glasses, suspenders, shoes, wigs, makeup, belts, etc
- Check with mom or dad or another trusted adult to make sure the outfit isn't too crazy, revealing, or doesn't violate their rules after you finish the outfit so you won't have to make last minute revision
- Never,ever use prescription glasses or reading glasses for your outfit, you will be dizzy if they are not yours and you may permanently damage your vision.
- You can ask friends what they think about your outfit; if they think any revisions need to be made then that helps tremendous
- wearing prescription glasses or reading glasses that are someone else's can cause vision damage
Things You'll Need
- high waisted jeans or similar pants
- long socks
- a plaid, button up shirt
- wig or makeup (optional
- creative mind
- a high,nasal voice (optional)