How to Dress if You Like Skirts and Dresses
Individual likes and dislikes depend on the person. There are several females who like to wear skirts and dresses. However, this may be scorned down upon. Yet, if done properly, you will look like a beauty queen!
Get them for 'home use'. If you truly feel comfortable in dresses, the first thing to do is to get them for home use. Generally, these should not be used for outside occasions, and only meant for home (after school/work and at night). Nightgowns, called, "maxis", in some parts of the world can be purchased online and occasionally in stores. These differ from bathrobes and are normally loose, hanging cotton dresses for home use.
Purchase a variety of skirts for different occasions. Organize a day to shop at the mall or many shops. If you are a school girl without a uniform required, you can buy simple skirts, perhaps with some designs on them. These skirts should generally be anywhere from plain and one color to multi colors with designs imprinted on the cloth. Generally, cotton and polyester work fine. Comply with any school dress codes, such as no short skirts. Normally, a good length to look for would be in the middle of the knees and ankles. These help in any season. To wear them everyday, anywhere between seven and ten skirts will work.
Buy suitable tops for the skirts. Medium loose, short (not exposing) t-shirts or simple shirts should work. You can buy them in a set. Alternately, plain colored (black or white) tops or tops with the same color as the skirt will work. Again, the quantity can fall between seven and ten.
Consider buying a pair of stockings or leggings. They make the outfit fancier and also shield your legs from the cold. A generally good estimate of how many stockings to buy is around four.
Buy good shoes. High-heels and simple sandals will work. In school, you can pass by with sneakers or boots.
- Do your hair well too, a good outfit does not make up for poor hair. Make sure your hair has been brushed.
- If you go to school and have athletics, bring along a change of cloths and shoes for gym only.
- For social occasions, school and work attire can be worn as long as they are in reasonably good condition. However, more formal attire may be wanted/worn. Buy simpler, longer skirts, perhaps with crystal designs and glitter. Tops can be the same, or plain on the top. Imitation silk can work too. Dresses of this same material can work. A total of ten skirts/dresses and tops should be okay.
- Remember, dresses are generally considered too fancy for school unless they are sports dresses. Sports dresses are okay, but remember to follow all school dress code rules/work dress code rules.
- Prioritize when to wear what. While high heels, dresses and very fancy skirts will be too much for school and can get you labeled as a snob, a torn up and ragged skirt is better off going to charity.
- Exposing clothing can attract the wrong kind of attention.
- Comply with all dress codes.
- If you suspect that you will be considered overdoing it, stop. Wearing skirts all the time can get you labeled as a person worrying only about looks.