How to Dress in Fourth Grade(Girls)
If you are a girl about 9-10 years old and you are wondering, "How can I dress very cute without looking too mature for fourth grade?" Well, keep reading to learn how!
Stay clean! It is very important to stay clean as a fourth grade girl because you begin to get bigger and need to stay clean and have good hygiene. Here are some basics:
- Brush your teeth. Make sure to brush every day in the morning and before you go to bed with a whitening toothpaste for about thirty seconds on each tooth. Make sure to floss! You will also need to mouthwash. Use one made for kids; some have harmful ingredients.
- Take care of your face. Your face is the most important part of your body and the thing people notice most. So it is important to take care of it. Wear sunscreen on hot days so you don't get sunburned. If you are in fourth grade, you don't need makeup. Use chap stick, though, so your lips don't get dry. You'll also need oil free face wash to get out the dirt and grime from the day.
- Take care of your hair. When you are taking a shower (take it at night so you have more time), make sure to massage the shampoo in using your finger tips (not your nails or you could cause damage) for about thirty seconds. If you have short hair use one tablespoon of shampoo; about shoulder length use two tablespoons; if you have long hair use two and a half tablespoons. Put conditioner in and let it sit of about a minute, then rinse with warm not hot water. For a deep conditioning let it sit for about five minutes. Then, pat dry and rub a towel around your head. A blow-dryer makes your hair not as frizzy, but can damage it if you use it too often. For hair styles, there are endless possibilities. You could put it pigtails, a ponytail, a headband, etc.
- Wash your body. Wash it with nice, mild body washes. Spread it all over and then rinse. After, spread nice smelling lotion on your arms and leg so they don't dry out. It may help if you do it right away. Then, try splashing yourself with body splash. Pat yourself dry.
Have some shirts. Have a couple sweaters, some cute colored tanks, fleeces, and some short and long sleeved shirts. Also have some light colored jackets. Be sure that, for shirts, you depend your shirt on the temperature. Don't wear a huge jacket in eighty-degree weather.
Have some bottoms. Get some jean skirts and shorts, a pair of light and dark skinny and flare jeans, and some sweat pants. Jean shorts are cool too, as long as they aren't too short.Try some different colors and some designs for your bottoms.
Get some shoes. Sandals are nice. In fourth-grade, you won't be needing high heels, but try some cute shoes. Go old-fashioned—for example, try penny loafers, though hi-tops and shiny sneakers are cool too. Forget the light-up shoes - you're too old for those
Buy some accessories. Try some scarves; they keep you warm and are "in style." Try some rubber chokers, some bangles, and mini purses. Any accessory that matches your style is the one for you. Try some hair ribbons,too; anything that'll look cute appropriate.
Create your own style. Everyone has different styles and needs to express themselves. Start a trend at your school; maybe try all the colors of the rainbow in one outfit.
- You're in fourth-grade. Don't let your life revolve around how you dress. Focus on school and friends, and let your clothes come last.
Stores. Walmart, Target, Justice, and Claire's are all great stores for fourth graders. Abercrombie and Fitch is too inappropriate for fourth graders, though. This just makes you look too "scene teen" and designer clothes for teens won't fit you correctly anyway. You are you! nobody will change your life. And on cold days do not wear really heavy cloth!
- Don't copy anyone else. Just use your own style.
- Wear light colors in summer and both in winter.
- Don't overdo it.
- Don't wear things that show your skin too much; you can wear tank tops, but not things that will go above your belly button.
- Never use plastic rubber bands; it pulls your hair out.
Things You'll Need
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Wide tooth comb, bristle brush
- Hair accessories: clips, headbands
- Jewelry or other accessories
- Chap stick
- Nail polish in neon colors
- Lotion/body splash
- Body wash
- Oil free face wash