How to Dress on the First Day of Freshmen Year
Whether your school has uniforms or not, how you dress is a major impression. It's always a good idea to dress nicely and fashionably.
Dress for success.
If your school has a uniform, make sure to ask before customizing it. You don't want to break the rules and get detention or suspension for messing with your uniform. If you're allowed to spice it up, add cute little accessories and go along the boundaries of the rules until you like how you look.
If your school doesn't have a uniform, you're in luck. Always look your best on the first day of school. If you wear something expensive and trendy, people will probably assume that you're a trendy person who doesn't waste money on rip-off clothing. Never be plain on the first day of school unless you're looking to be lost in the crowd. If you want to make friends and have people notice you, pick the cutest and most attractive outfit you can and do your hair and makeup nicely. Or if you're a guy, make your hair look nice and guys can usually throw anything on and look good on the first day.
When it comes to jewelry and accessories, don't go too over-the-top. If you're a trendy person when it comes to clothes and fashion, check the trends for the year and go along with it and add your own twist. Add some cute bracelets and some rings and maybe add a bow to your hair or headband. Never be afraid to be bold. You'll stand out and people will know you more, but be sure to NOT be tacky. You can be bullied if you're tacky or buy tacky clothes.
As school goes along, try not to lose your stylish touch. Try to not re-wear anything too much or it'll get boring and ordinary and you'll begin to blend into the crowd. Keep your closet updated throughout the year if you can and if there's something in your closet you've never worn before, go for it! Match it with that pair of shoes you never got around to wearing.
- Remember that if you do your makeup, don't go too over the top. People will know you for having too much makeup and looking cakey all the time. That's a no-no. Be light and natural but enough to look flawless and make your eyes pop.
- Add cute accessories that match a subtle color in your shirt or shoe.
- Remember to never be tacky or buy tacky clothes.
- Don't re-wear anything too much. You'll start to look ordinary!
- If people that you hang out with try to change your style or convince you to wear makeup when you like the way you are, politely tell them that you would prefer to stay the same. If you're self conscious about your breakouts or your figure, don't try to look like the cheerleaders or (for boys) jocks at your school. It may be hard, but dress for YOU. Dress in what is comfortable and somewhat stylish because, despite what people think, beauty doesn't always mean pain.