How to Dress to Meet a Boy for the First Time
All guys get nervous and so do all girls for dates. Here are some tips and ideas to help you be prepared.
Remember whether or not he has come over before. If he is coming over for the first time, he already likes you. If he's visiting again, he likes you even more! That's one less thing to worry about!
Consider what you are doing. Are you going out or just watching a movie at home? A step up from casual is always the best bet. It's best not to wear ripped up jeans and a ratty T-shirt- a nice pair of pants and a cute shirt that you feel confident in are good options. If you're going out, don't get too excited to forget about dressing for the weather!
Think about where you met. If you met him at school, dress like you would for school but a notch up. It should be causal and yet classy at the same time. This way the true you shines through.
Add an extra special flair to your outfit. Accessories are a great way to go: even just a few rings or a necklace can be a fun, personal touch.
- The biggest thing to remember is that the guy is nervous too.
- Just remember to be yourself and most of all have fun. This way he will get to know the real you. Laughter can overcome all odds.
- Go to as many bases as you are comfortable with all of his friends and your friends hearing about and, only if you want to do it, remember, you are in charge. Don't be afraid to say no. You have the rest of your life to live with the consequences of your choice.
- Look into women's self defense classes if you want to be extra safe, because you never know what can happen. They can also help you to feel more confident.
- Any sexual act that you are uncomfortable with can be considered sexual molestation or rape. If you say "no" and they don't listen, it's not okay, including if you are intoxicated. Check out your local resources for more information specific to where you live.
- If he says "I love you" for the first time in your dating life while he is engaged in any sexual act, including an erection but excluding kissing, he may be trying to coerce you into further sexual acts that you may not be comfortable with.
- A first date, or a fifteenth date does not necessarily mean he loves you. Do not be offended if he won't say anything.
Remember, girls- camera phones are everywhere now! So you must be vigilant in watching where his hands are and that you are never exposed at the same time as the cell cam, or not just the locker room will hear about your date. The whole world could see one snippet of time and that will be all they will ever remember of you. So do be careful, love, and you will become more wise with each day.
- If you should ever feel compromised in any way by a man, even the one you came with, is to scream at the top of your lungs, "HELP!" If no waiters, bar tenders, bouncers, or busboys come to your aid then shout, “HELP! Fire, Fire, Fire." Guaranteed you that not only will the head chef come running from the kitchen but you will have the attention of the entire place. It is better to deal with the mortal embarrassment of having people look at you for a minute, than dealing with the shame of letting this guy or any guy touch you in an unwanted way. That shame can last the rest of your life. Plus if you whisper the situation in the ear that of whoever comes over, you are likely to encounter a real knight to keep you safe during your night and from the nightmare of being molested.
Things You'll Need
- Jewelry if you'd like, but keep it light.
- A cell phone just in case.
- Mints, so that your breath smells fresh if he goes in for the kiss!