How to Dress up As Hermione for Halloween
So you want to dress up as Hermione for Halloween. Read on to find out how to rock your Hermione costume this October!
Find a set of black robes/cloak. This is a part of the traditional Hogwarts uniform.
Get a red and gold diagonal striped tie.
Wear a plain white collared shirt under a charcoal black or gray v-neck sweater.
Wear a plain black or gray school skirt.
Slip on a pair of black Mary Janes.
Also, a pair of black stockings or knee-high gray socks is optional.
If you'd like, you can also wear some foundation, mascara and lip balm.
Crimp or curl your hair. Hermione's hair is said to be brown and bushy in the books. This should be the main point of your costume, it's how people will recognize you. Without the famous Hermione hair you're just a Gryffindor student, so really make a show of fixing it up. In the movie, Hermione's hair goes from curly, to more wavy. You can try putting curling rolls in for a few hours.
And then you can add the little extras. You may choose to add a necklace like Hermione's time turner. And you should definitely carry a wand with you and, of course, a few books. Make sure you have a book bag, like Hermione's tan leather one, for when you need a break from carrying everything.
Have fun trick-or-treating, Hermione!
- If you don't have a red and gold striped tie then you can take a plain gold tie and paint red lines on it. Make 2 thick lines next to each other, then a little space, and then a small line. Repeat the pattern.
- Look up pictures of Hermione's wand and see if you can make a replica. Using satay sticks is easy, tape them together and paint them brown. Add a little holder at the end so it looks more lifelike.
- If you like, you can use your own school uniform if it is similar, but not many uniforms come with a cloak.
- If you have a ginger/orange tabby, you're in luck. This sort of cat will look like Crookshanks, Hermione's cat. You can walk it around or carry it in your hands.
- You can also go for the casual look by putting on a faded pink sweater and nice jeans.
- Don't over-do makeup if you do choose to wear it.
- Make sure to never steal stray cats because they look like Crookshanks. They can hurt you, or carry an illness (e.g. rabies).
- Be careful with hair styling irons because they can scorch you!
Things You'll Need
- Black cloak/robes
- Black or grey school skirt
- Charcoal black or grey v-neck sweater
- White collared shirt
- Red/Gold striped tie
- Black Mary-Janes shoes
- Black stockings or grey knee-high socks (optional)
- Crimper/curler iron
- Book bag
- Makeup (optional)
- Time turner (optional)